Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Wesley

Alright,
I've attempted SEVERAL times in the past almost 4 years to write.
And in the past almost 2 years,
every time I sit down to write I'm hit with a block.

So I will do this instead of attempting to write a long entry.

Wesley Richard Aaron Tait
My first born son,
Born Sunday March 26th, 1989
(it was Easter Sunday that year!)
at 4:57am
lost his battle with depression, addiction and mental illness on
Saturday May 31st, 2014.

My son took his own life,
my world has been shattered.
I've spent the last almost 2 years trying to find a new version of me, one I don't hate for being so alone in this, one who doesn't feel extreme guilt over failing as a parent...
Trying to put together the pieces around me.

I say I'm "unbroken",
but in truth, I've never been more broken!
I don't know how to survive suicide.
I don't know to go on after losing one of the biggest pieces of me,
one of the biggest pieces of my heart! 

R.I.P Wes

No comments: