Wednesday, February 2, 2011

On the Bright Side

One of the things I've learned about myself over the years is that I am a tried & true optimist!
A true blue optimist!
However, this past year I think I've earned the title of optimist to the extreme!
I mean, I've had what could quite arguably be the worst, hardest year ever imaginable.
I was completely taken down by depression & anxiety.
Taken to the lowest of low,
very unlike me or anything I've ever experienced in the past!
Yet I sit here and say & believe that this past year has been the best thing that ever could have happened to me!
I do believe that everything happens for a reason.
So bearing that in mind,
I found out today, or more made the decision that I can't start school at the end of February as I'd originally hoped.
I instead, will start in May.
The reason being is that two of the courses I need for my diploma are already full,
I could be placed on a waiting list for those classes, but the possibility of me not making it into the classes is too great and I would end up taking more classes than needed, so rather than being placed on a waiting list for this term, I'll be enrolled for next term! Simple!
Everything happens for a reason,
this I believe allows me to remain calm, not have any panic or anxiety over the whole situation.
Its not the way I wanted or expected it to happen. But I am able to see the positive in this!
Funny thing,
I find my optimism annoying at times!
I often catch myself thinking to myself,
"god, how annoying! You just HAVE to find the silver lining don't you?!"
I do, and amazingly enough, I'm okay with it!
This is one of the things I've realized about myself this past year,
I mean I always knew I was an optimist,
just not to the extent that I actually am!

No comments: